Version 4.0.1 contains completely redesigned and upgraded Web Studio. It has been done with an intention to move project development and maintenance further toward the browser-based interface and improve business and technical user experience at the same time.
With OpenL Tablets Web Studio you now have an ability:
- View projects in different customizable display modes suitable for both business and technical audience
- Create Unit Tests for OpenL Decision Tables and Methods, ran and trace them
- Display and explain the results of the Unit Tests and Runs
- Display compile- and run-time errors, providing links to the original Excel document
- Dynamically re-load of OpenL projects, including changes in the project classpath
- Make table-oriented Advanced Search in addition to the full-text search that was available before
For the full list of the changes please refer to Release notes
It's been a long time since the last update. The OpenL Tablets have been successfully used in many exciting new projects. Unfortunately, all these activities prevented us from the publishing of the new version earlier. Hopefully, it was worth the waiting. From now on we promise to shorten the update cycle and release the updates every 2-3 months.
Despite the enormous amount of changes in this release, all the projects developed with the previous version(s) should remain compatible.
For the full description of the Web Studio and OpenL Tablets functionality please refer to the Online Documentation
OpenL Tablets invites everybody to check out Technology Preview release of the prototype of OpenL Web Studio. It features browser-based integrated OpenL Project view, full-text search and indexing of Excel and Word documents.
Web Studio provides a dual-view of the Decision Tables, one that's suitable for business users and another for developers. The browser view preserves the original Excel formatting.
Web Studio incorporates full-text search and indexing of Excel and Word documents. Using familiar search-engine interface users can easily have all the project information at their fingertips. Link-to-Edit technology positions cursor within Excel and Word applications exactly at the location that needs to be edited
OpenL Tablets version 220.127.116.11 released